Monday, November 18, 2013

"Oh, that's right.. Mormon's Love Everyone."


I hope you are all doing wonderful! I know I am :) Its been such an amazing week I don't even know where to start. I have learned SOOO much. And we have truly been blessed in this area! I'm happy (if you couldn't tell) :), healthy, and lovin' the missionary life! 

Sister Blaylock and I at Mission Leadership Counsel. It was so good to see her!  
Let me start by explaining the title to this email. I was in Hamilton Mill with Sister Cordero and we were tracting in this neighborhood. It was such a beautiful day with a little breeze and all the leaves on the trees are falling.. and many of them fell in my hair and got stuck on my skirt.. EMBARRASSING! :) just kidding, it wasn't embarrassing, it was just funny when I'd notice a leaf on my bum. ANYWAYS. We knocked on this door and no one came to the door but a man came around the garage and asks who we are.. I tell him.. to which he responds "You have GOT to be kidding me.. (mumbles under breath)..Listen.. We're like your enemy." well.. you know me.. I just smiled and responded "Enemy? What? No.. we don't have enemies!" He's response couldn't have been better. "Oh.. that's right. Mormon's love everyone..Well.. I'd like to be left alone." haha so hey, maybe he didn't want to hear anything about our message but at least he knows mormon's love everyone!

Everyone thought we were trick or treating on Halloween.. NEAT! haha
A family I met when I was on exchange in the Hamilton Mill Ward :) They were hilarious! so I asked if I could take a picture :) We had breakfast for dinner.. LOVE!! No one ever does that, so its pretty awesome when we get it.
Do you remember me ever talking about a couple in the Johns Creek Ward, Mandi and Will? We taught Will a lot and I found out at Mission Leadership that he's getting baptized this weekend! Woot woot! He's being baptized this Saturday and they are getting married next saturday! I'm so excited for them! :)

We golfed in District Meeting.. We had to write something your companion does that bugs you on a golf ball then we had our own driving range into the wilderness behind the church. Dad, I am proud to report that I did quite well. And the Elders were shocked I knew how to golf. I may or may not have had one of the longest shots.. just sayin'! :) Thanks for teaching me that very valuable skill Dad, I sure love you! 

We had a ward fall festival and we had a great turn-out! There were lots of people there who are not members of the church and it was really neat to have members excited to introduce us to their friends! We even have a few appointments with some of the families/their friends to teach a lesson.

These are all from my MTC group. Right now 5/6 sisters are Sister Training Leaders and 2/5 Elders are Zone Leaders so we had a lot of fun during our meeting ALL day friday. and I do mean ALL day..
For the sake of time I'm going to close with one story, its a story that happened over the course of 3 days. We were able to get back in with Annie Poleo, a sweet woman we had met tracting on Monday night. She was really excited to see us and asked great questions about our life after this. As we read with her scriptures from 2 Nephi 2 she asked how we knew to find those. I told her it was what I had studied that morning, to which she responded, "well then this is no coincidence!" Now isn't that the truth! :) We invited her to read that chapter for when we would teach her on Wednesday. After we said a closing prayer she asked if we would go see her mom and help her feel loved, which we gladly agreed to do. So we made plans to meet Annie at her mom's, who lives in an assisted living home.

As we went to meet her mom Annie came out of her car with the book of mormon in hand and gladly reported she had read the chapter and showed us a few verses she had questions with. Barbara, Annie's mom was so sweet and had questions about the Book of Mormon, and even asked if she could have one. :) We read some of our favorite scriptures and taught some of the restoration. I went there just assuming we would meet her mom and help her feel happy, I didn't know Annie wanted us to teach her mom too, what a miracle! :) 

We went back on Wednesday and brought a sister in our Relief Society, and taught the Plan of Salvation, which they both loved! Annie felt the spirit so strong and it was a blessing to help her recognize it. She immediately accepted baptism and asked if we could meet more often to read the scriptures! It was wonderful. When we invited Barbara to be baptized she was a little hesitant and before we could try to ask Annie said "Well mom! Why not? What's holding you back?" It was so amazing to see how badly Annie wants this for both her and her mom.

What perhaps was the most tender experience for me this week, if not on my whole mission, was when Barbara took my hand in both of hers and whispered "Sister Hamilton, please do not give up on me, I want this. I want to know this is true." I almost couldn't answer because it was so heartfelt. I bent down, looked her in the eyes and told her that I would never give up on her, and neither would her Lord and Savior. I told her I knew this was true, and if she studied, let us help her, and prayed that she could know too. Then of course, I gave her the biggest hug I could! I love that sweet grandma so much! 

I never will forget that moment. The picture painted in my mind and heart will never be erased. I will forever see her longing face as she explained "Well its just too good to be true." That's the miracle of the gospel, it sounds too good to be true, but it isn't. I know it isn't. God's love for us is real, its never ending. If I love the people of Georgia so much to never give up on them, can you image how much greater our Father is incapable of giving up on us? His love is much greater for us than mine is for this people, which is hard to comprehend because I love them so much. But if His love is greater, than I know He can NEVER give up on us.

He loves us more than we know. His Only Begotten Son is our Savior. And They are there for us always, all we have to do is ask. 

I love you all! I'm off to go buy some fabric to make a skirt! :) 

Love,
Sister Hamilton


No comments:

Post a Comment