How is everyone doing? I hope you are all doing fantastic! I'm doing pretty well out here in this cute little town. I spent the weekend in the hills of Dahlonega, GA watching General Conference, ahh! So beauitful! The trees are just barely starting to change colors yet everything is still so green, it is such a sight to see!
I hope everyone had a chance to watch general conference, and if you didn't.. Don't fret! Just go to lds.org and watch it! :) I LOVED conference. It was so good! I especially loved President Uchtdorfs talk about WHY people join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was really cool to have Katie and Christian (a couple we taught the first lesson to before handing them over to the Elders) at Conference! They loved that talk too :) So if you have ever wondered why people are members I'd encourage you to watch it as well! Here's the link: http://www.lds.org/
general-conference/watch/2013/ 10?lang=eng&vid=2721983168001& cid=12
This past week has been really busy for us jam-packed with meetings. The only day we didn't have some type of meeting was.. but we were on exchange.. so it was still nuts.. haha Let me just give you a run down of the days.. real fast...
|A hike from P-day last week!|
BUSY BUSY WEEK! But we still managed to get things done and see some miracles and blessings. I got a bunch of mailwhen I was at the mission office, so thank you so much for writing me!! :) They hold my mail until I can get it personally so it was fun to get some. I think there are a couple things to clarify real fast.. #1 I am not training.. My companion Sister Alder came out with me from the MTC. #2 I am still a Sister Training Leader, just over a different Zone (or large group of missionaries). Which means I go on exchange twice a week with a different Sister in the mission. #3 Yes.. I have mastered Southern grammar. And intend to start a revolution by calling grocery carts buggies when I get home. :)
With that said let me do a bullet point list of some of the things I learned this week, phrases I've heard, and experiences I've had..
- I have officially found the worlds CHEAPEST and CLASSIEST car wash.. All you need is a garden hose and a leaf blower.. #onlyinGA
- "Better to say good-bye that to argue.. So good-bye!"
- We were Facebooked about by a family who we did FHE with.. It got the ward talking, and we have had 3 families call us since and ask if we will do FHE for them at their house!! Tender mercy for sure! Thank you Social Media!
- "Ya.. I'm not interested.. so I'm gunna have to push ya off my porch now." <-- Uh... Okay?? haha
- I have officially gone on 24hr exchanges with over 1/3 of the Sisters in the mission.. And including my companions I have almost worked with 1/2 of the Sisters in the mission.. Which Totals 80 by the way.. That's CRAZY!!
- "Why are you bugging me??" "Well Sir, we aren't trying to bug you, we are just sharing a message about the Love of God with everyone." "You mean to say you go around bugging everyone..??That's just mean.." *Shut Door*
- Remember that amazing video game of Frogger? Well.. Its real life. Its called driving in Cumming GA. Windy country roads.. and FROGS EVERYWHERE. Except.. I'm still playing in the game.. only.. I'm not the frog.. But I'm the car trying to dodge the frog!
- Volunteering at the Horse Barn was so wonderful this week. I LOVE LOVE LOVE helping get the horses ready for the special needs children to ride them. And then what I love even more is seeing their smiles as the ride. As the horse begins to trot all the kids have something in common.. A smile lights their face and a look of pure joy comes over them.. In that moment nothing holds them back. Its absoultely beautiful.
I love you all! Thank you for all your support and love. I am doing well. I love being a missionary, its the best! I know God lives, and loves each and every one of us. We are His children. His plan for us all is beautiful. The scriptures are our guide back home to Him, and they also provide a way for Him to speak to us and answer our prayers.
I love you!