Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey Y'all!! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving, I know I did! It was weird being so busy on a holiday, but it was so fun! I mean usually we cook.. and eat.. and cook.. and eat.. and laugh.. and eat.. and play.. and eat.. You get the picture? But you see.. that's not very conducive to a missionaries schedule.. when we still have to proselyte all day. More on thanksgiving in a minute :) 

Monday I finished sewing my skirt, I'm currently wearing it. WOOT WOOT. Success! 

Ugly Sweater District Meeting! :)
Last Tuesday was pretty awesome, we had an Ugly Sweater Party for district meeting. Mine was.. THE BEST! haha And it was one of those days when all of us were just not in the mood to be in meetings, so we all voted to forgo role-playing and decided to go Christmas caroling to the other district having their meeting in the building. :) It was pretty hilarious and a fun close to our district as it has really changed this transfer because of missionaries getting moved to other places and more companionship's coming. 

Wednesday morning the alarm went off at 5:15 so I could wake up Sister Alder who could then finish packing and what not. Well.. I turned on the light and told her to wake up.. then as a good companion should I went back to sleep.. WOOPS! haha I woke up at about 5:40 and noticed that Sister Alder had also gone back to sleep. So we both rushed and tried to get ready and got her all packed and by 6am we were out the door. Not sure how we managed to do that! haha  We drove all the way to Lawrenceville to pick up my new companion, Sister Pabst. 

Sister Pabst is from Logan Utah. She's 19 and has been out for 6 months. She has served all 6 months in the Madison branch, which is a tiny congregation in super rural GA. She and I have been having a lot of fun and have seem some amazing miracles! And yes, her ancestors were the original brewers of Pabst Blue Ribbon, and so our Recent Convert in the ward calls her Sister PBR.. CLASSY! 

So back to thanksgiving.. :) That day was a blast! and full of miracles! Let me explain: 
Thanksgiving! :) Those are some of the Johnson's neighbors, and yes they put a nametag on my head
  • We met a woman named Brittany who wants us to come back and teach her about the church. Her parents joined the church when she lived away and have since passed away. We are going to be seeing her on Wednesday morning :) 
  • My new favorite Thanksgiving Dishes are: Baked Macaroni and Cheese and Sweet Potato Souffle! YUM! 
  • We were tracting and we met the family I always imagined I'd meet in GA.. Deep-frying their turkey in the front yard with accents so thick you can cut. :) 
  • We were talking to a mom and then.. poof! She disappeared and her daughter was there.. She just walked away haha Anyways so we were then talking to her daughter and as I read to her the account of Christ in the America's she was amazed. As we talked about what it meant to her she told us that as I read she felt that God loved her. That my friends, is the miracle of the Book of Mormon. 
  • We had dinner at the Johnson's who invited their neighbors over to join us, and their kids were dolls, I love them! Anyways :) (Can you tell I really miss all the little kids and babies? Well.. I DO!) They told the Johnsons they were really impressed with us and would like to come back again sometime so we could share a Christmas message with them :) 
So yup, it was a pretty wonderful day :) Here are some other quick things from the week:
  • A man prayed for my soul and told me that i would be "eternally disappointed" with the choice I have made to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 
  • We met a guy who was really excited to talk to us and when we taught him the restoration he said "Thank you for answering my prayer, I've been wondering since I was a little boy when the next prophet would come." Its always so amazing to meet people who truly recognize the truth of the message we share, what a blessing! 
  • Got to decorate for Christmas and put up a tree for the grandparents in our ward :) Sister Pauley looks a lot like Grandma Smith and I just love that! I of course dropped an ornament.. it broke.. WOOPS.. And I had flashbacks to dropping a cup at grandmas for thanksgiving. Remember that? And the boys told me I ruined thanksgiving.. haha. Well I'm happy to report her response was the same as grandmas "Oh hunny, who cares! Just keep having fun!" :) 
  • We saw someone putting up christmas lights in front so we asked if they needed any help. The woman said "You can help by cheering us up! This is stressful!" As she turned around I heard her then mumble.. "Oh no hunny.. their Mormon's I doubt they'll cheer us up." HAHA! 
The Gouldings :) They are the sweet people that we live with, well in their basement! :) 
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week. I know that I will. I'm not sure there is anything better than being blessed to serve the Lord and CHRISTMAS! :) I hope we can all remember the true meaning of Christmas. It is a time to celebrate the love, sacrifice, and service of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Its a time for all of us to love and serve those around us. Elder Ballard said "We are simply asking all members to pray, knowing that if every member, young and old, will reach out to just “one” between now and Christmas, millions will feel the love of the Lord Jesus Christ. And what a wonderful gift to the Savior."

That's my invitation to you, will all of you between now and Christmas find one person that needs to feel God's love? And then do some small act of service for them. I know that as we look for those who need to feel His love that the spirit of Christmas will be in our hearts and we will remember Him. We will remember all He has done for us, and we will feel His love in our hearts more so now than ever before. 

I love you!
Love,
Sister Hamilton

P.S. Letters and Packages to:
6416 Mayfield Dr.
Cumming GA 30041

No comments:

Post a Comment