Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hi!

Well isn't that nice.. I had the entire email written.. and we have an updated email thing.. and it accidentally deleted.. poof gone.. so I'll do my best to write what I can before we have to leave. 1,000 miles a minute, here I come!! 

 First CONGRATS JARED AND KRISTI!

First, transfer news: Got a call from President Wolfert this morning, I have been asked to be a Sister Training Leader, which is basically a Zone Leader for Sisters HERE in Roswell! :) Yes indeed I get to stay here in wonderful Johns Creek :) I am so excited! So basically my new comp Sis Nielson and I are going to be going on exchanges 2X a week to help all the Sisters here in the Roswell Zone. I think it will be a great learning experience and I'm excited to do what I can. *President apologized for not being able to keep Sis Beasley and I together but he said the Lord needs her to train and me to do this. He said that President Ernst called him and asked him to not separate us. And because President Ernst has never asked him for a favor he prayed and tried to keep us together but just promised us that this is what the Lord wants. And although I'm sad to have Sis Beasley go, I am excited to work with more Sisters and stay here in Johns Creek. 

This week has been one of the absolute BEST of my mission thus far, can you believe its already been 6 months? I can't! This week Sis Beasley and I really worked our bums off and were blessed to see Miracles. Its amazing how the Lord is involved in His work each day, and when you are willing to go and do and say what He wants you to do He opens up doors for you to do well in the work and blesses you with miracles. 

Before I tell you about the miracles I want to tell you about some of the food/dinner experiences I have had this week. This is for you Paul.. so Listen up :) This week I had some of the best, worst, and most Southern food! No need to go into the worst.. But I would like to proudly report that I have officially eaten Fried Chicken and Waffles in the South! Legit? I think so :) We had dinner at Sis Johnsons, she is the most humble and kindest woman ever. She feeds the missionaries once a month and each time its with a huge feast. The food always tastes even better because we know of the great sacrifices she gives to prepare these huge dinners. While telling us why she made what she did she said "And I thought.. Oh no.. What am I goin' to make them missionaries? Then the light-bulb went off and I thought CHICKEN!!" And indeed she made chicken, 4 different kinds of it too :) She put gravy on the table and Elder Johnson said "What should we eat with the gravy?" She quickly responded "Darlin' it don't matter what you put it on, your in the South! Just eat the gravy" HAHA! 

Let me tell you about 3 miracles from the week: 

1. We had lots of left over Lasagna from dinner that they sent us home with. We had it in the car and were getting gas/using the restroom before going out and knocking on some more doors. While I was waiting for Sister Beasley a kind woman named Willie Mae was talking to me. Before we left she asked us to pray for her because she is having to live in her car right now. We went outside and were pumping gas and I remembered the dinner we had. I told Sis Beasley we had to go and give it to Willie Mae, so we did. With tears in her eyes she gave us both many hugs and thanked us for the food (it was a lot!) she said it would feed her for a couple of days and put it in the cooler in her car. She thanked us for doing what the Savior would do if He were here. That's what my mission is about, I don't care about the number of lessons I teach.. I care about seeing a face light up with love and gratitude as I do what I can, as small as it may be, to help them. 

2. Wednesday we stopped by Betty, she is a member of the church who hasn't been in a long time. The miracle was seeing the change in her from last time to this time. She answered the door by saying "Oh I hoped that it was you! Please come in!" We talked to her a lot and the poor thing has kidney stones right now. I shared with her one of my favorite scriptures. 3 Nephi 17:7. (Look it up! its a great one) I promised her that I know just as the Savior asked the people then who He could heal (both physically and spiritually) that He is doing the same today. Sometimes we go ourselves to be healed, but often times we need someone or something to take us to him. It could be another person or even the Book of Mormon. And then there are times when we bring others along to be healed by him. I know its true, I've seen it in my own life, and I told her that. She told me "Sister Hamilton, I promise you that each time I go to be healed, I'm going to bring you with me. Will you bring me with you when you go?" Of course I promised here that I would, and that's why the Lord sent us here to be missionaries. I really think that is one of the most special things anyone has ever said to me. It truly was a miracle. I want you all to know that I don't know if I am blessing the lives of people here, but I promise that they are blessing mine. 

We went back and saw her on Friday. She told us that she pulled out the Book of Mormon and read 3 Nephi 11 &17 and then some because it was so good she couldn't put it down. We took pictures and just had the most wonderful talks with her. She told us some of the sweetest things about her desires and things she hopes the Lord can help her with. She prayed for Sister Beasley and I and I must say it was one of the most loving prayers I've ever heard. Here's a picture of her. :)

3. We found a woman who nickname is Q. We knocked on their door Thursday, they answered the door and let us in to say the prayer. She had actually been looking up what Mormons believe not to long ago because her boss is one. They asked us to come back Saturday and teach more. So we did, she was excited to report that on Friday she went and drove past the Church :) The lesson was wonderful! Really amazing! We invited her to be baptized and she said "YES!! That's what I want!" She's picked a day in August to work toward for baptism! Its amazing! Please keep her in your prayers. 

Okay I love you all!! Got to go. Sorry if I wrote to much, I'm impressed I could write it so fast again. :) 

I love you! Give little Logan a kiss for me! Welcome to the world our newest Hamilton to love! 

Have a great week!
-Sis Hamilton



No comments:

Post a Comment